Scholarships and Grants
Caring.com- Scholarships for students that are care-givers.
Folds of Honor Foundation
Deadline: Year Round
Provides post-secondary educational scholarships for children and spouses of military service men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation.
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
If you're looking for scholarships, don't forget to visit OCCF.org. There you'll find an abundance of scholarship opportunities for students right here in Oklahoma. The Oklahoma City Community Foundation is home to more than 120 scholarship funds established by individuals, organizations and companies. These funds share the common goal of helping to make a difference in the lives of others. The foundation is now able to receive your transcripts electronically if your high school participates in this free service. Please see website for details on the list of scholarships.
Check out UCanGo2.org for numerous scholarship opportunities for middle school, high school, college and adult students. We provide you with links to scholarships by deadline and by category, as well as a new scholarship of the week each Monday. UCanGo2 also offers free information on college planning and financial aid. Visit our website to find these helpful tools!
Bisnar/Chase - The Branch Out Scholarship: Commitment to excellence in education and communities
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys is hosting a bi-yearly scholarship giving $1,000 to a student who demonstrates through their personal statements that they are committed to expanding their education and using their education to improve their communities. Bisnar Chase will choose a winner Upon announcing the winner, Bisnar Chase will also give away $500 to the 501c3 charitable organization of the winner's choice.*
- Why they are committed to education
- The struggles that their community goes through
- How they plan to solve issues within their community
- How their education will help bring that plan to life
- Chosen by the scholarship winner
- Must be a registered 501c3 Charitable Organization
The following requirements must be met in order for a student to be considered to win this scholarship.
- Applicants must submit their answers to the questions in the form below. Applicants may submit their answers in essay form via email instead.
- Applicant must be a student enrolled in a United States university pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree or must be a senior in high school.
- Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA and winner must provide proof of GPA
- SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SELECTED TWICE A YEAR - JUNE 15, 2020 is the next one.
Modern Castle $1,000 Scholarship - New extended deadline April 30, 2020 -
How to Enter
To enter for a chance to win the Modern Castle $1,000 scholarship please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) answering the following questions:
- While you were growing up, what aspects of your home felt modern?
- What technological trends do you think will most dramatically impact the way the modern home runs in the future?
- What aspects of the home do you feel are most in need of modernization? Using current and / or near-future technology, how would you modernize it?
Please upload your video to YouTube and email the video link here.
The winning video submission will be the video that best answers the above questions in the most interesting, entertaining, informative, creative, and engaging way.
Below are a few other tips for your submission:
- The video should be a maximum of 5 minutes long.
- Video production quality counts. Don’t film on portrait (unless you have a good reason).
- Don’t simply talk into a web cam or your cell phone for 5 minutes straight. Mix it up a bit with interesting elements, change shooting angles, and use creative graphics to help engage the viewer.
- Don’t read off of an obvious script in front of you.
- Make it fun!
Requirements & Rules
To be eligible to win the Modern Castle scholarship applicants must be:
- A currently enrolled high school (or home-schooled) senior planning on attending an accredited post-secondary institution in the US in the following year OR an undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the US
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of this application (or already enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the US)
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- US Citizen
- Winner’s first name, last name initial, submission video, and university / college may be published on ModernCastle.com and elsewhere as part of our scholarship promotion
The winner applicant must be able and willing to verify their acceptance or concurrent enrollment into the school of their choice. The winning applicant must also be able and willing to verify their grade point average, diploma (if necessary), and US citizenship status.
Applicants must not be:
- Children, grandchildren, siblings, parents, or any other immediate family member relations to ModernCastle.com employees, officers, or owners
$1,500 Annual Essay Writing Contest Scholarship
Eligibility: Current high school, college, or university students from any country
Awards: The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The runner-up prize is $500
Deadline: May 31, 2020